Insane Asylime

Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Higher Education

I have a B.S. in special education. Three times I have gotten close to starting my Master's degree. Each time I made a concrete step in that direction I wound up pregnant and scuttled the plans. I've been taking undergrad classes in Library Science for the last 2 semesters to meet continuing education requirements and I am considering Master's work once again. Since the hubby joined the snip-snip club 6 years ago and it doesn't seem the urologist used slipknots I am thinking it might actually happen before I hit menopause. I've heard of some institutions of higher learning offering credit for real life experience to adults contemplating career change or looking for degrees in areas they already have experience with. I've kicked around a few thesis titles. Let me know if you are aware of anyone who would find these proposals aceptable.

THESIS TITLES
1. The Inverse Relationship between Juvenile Comprehension and Direct Parental Command: A Longitudinal Study in Selective Deafness
2. Chaos Theory: An Observation of the Entropic Properties of Children's Bedrooms
3. Motherheimers: A Statistical Examination of the Dementia-inducing Effects of Watching 'Barney' and 'Teletubbies'
4. Transmogrification of Cotton to Iron: A Peculiar Alchemy Corellating Missing Socks to a Proliferation of Wire Hangers
5. Culinary Cartographic Disorder: Efficacious Treatments for those Unable to Locate Food in a
Fully Stocked Pantry or Refrigerator

11 Comments:

  • Ha! I like the Barney and Teletubies one! I have a friend who has a three yr old, and we finally got past Dora and Nemo, and thankfully got her stuck on Sponge Bob! That's one show all of us like to watch!!

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 9:02 AM  

  • I love the thesis topics!!!

    I have to disagree with Damasta, I'll take Barney over that annoying sea creature any day. Just keep the kids away from the Wiggles. That show should be rated R...it gives me terrible nightmares!!!

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:21 AM  

  • I think these are wonderful and completely acceptable Thesis Topics! You go girl!! LOL!!!

    Get your Masters and PHD -- Dr. Lime - I like it!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 9:33 AM  

  • All very acceptable thesises. Is that a word...thesises? At any rate it's hard to say 3 times fast.

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 10:08 AM  

  • Ha ha, bs. Maybe it's thesi, like fungi. like on that movie vise versa, they said is the plural of moose, meese? and when i was in the car business a fleet of Ford Focus would be Foci. ie: "Ma'am, we have a wide selection of Ford Foci to choose from"

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 10:30 AM  

  • LOL Limes!!!!

    By Blogger S, at 10:32 AM  

  • Always good to start the morning out with a little limin'.
    Good stuff!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:55 AM  

  • I read the title and was expecting 99 of them nailed to the doors of my blog

    By Blogger The Village Idiot, at 12:47 PM  

  • LOL! Go for it girl ! I will hope and pray that you don't end up prego this time ! :)

    By Blogger Breazy, at 1:03 PM  

  • damasta and tina, all of those shows give me the wilies.

    breazy and snavy, ty for the well wishes.

    bs, i think it is theses but i like damasta's idea of thesi, like fungi!

    ty toots, and logo;)

    idiot, that could be arranged:P even though martin luther i ain't i do have a few gripes

    By Blogger lime, at 2:34 PM  

  • All are very worthy of serious consideration. Go get it.

    By Blogger P M Prescott, at 10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home