Insane Asylime

Friday, September 30, 2005

Just a Slight Oedipal Complex

It was 5:24 am when my 10-year-old son staggered into my bedroom. He stood over me and asked, "Can I climb in bed with you guys?" I had stayed up way too late the night before and was not fully coherent. You also have to understand that my son thrashes wildly when he sleeps. It is hazardous to share a bed with him. A few synapses in my brain fired enough for me to mumble, "There's not enough room." Casting a malicious glance at his sleeping father, my son shot back, "How soon is HE leaving?"

5 Comments:

  • Lmao lime......Hannah used to climb into bed with us, or when we were cuddling, would say, "I want to be in the middle" We played this game where we pressed our bodies as close together as we could, and then Hannah would about kill herself trying to wedge in between us..she was serious, she HAD to be in the middle!

    LOL, BTW Lime, excellent attention getting device, the bra draped over podium!

    By Blogger S, at 1:30 PM  

  • My boys sleep like they are doing a work out, not restful.
    I'm with you on that one.
    And I sleep in the middle of the bed, so they always end up on my side kicking me in the ribs.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:21 PM  

  • LMAO!!! The girls get pissed when daddy is in the bed! I have at LEAST one kid in my bed every night! I never sleep well!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 4:24 PM  

  • toots, logo, snavy...ok. glad to know i ain't alone on this one

    By Blogger lime, at 4:58 PM  

  • I remember as a child, I always climbed between my parents on weekend mornings... Now my cat does that. She keeps my parents awake until they let her in! : )

    By Blogger Irina Tsukerman, at 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home