Insane Asylime

Saturday, September 24, 2005

A Cup Of Coffee


A cup of coffee to get the day started. It sounds so simple.

First, I wash out the coffee pot from yesterday and get the water ready. As I begin to count the scoops of coffee grinds, Vanessa asks for cereal - I loose count of how many scoops I have already added. I dump out the grinds and get out bowls, spoons, cereal and milk. I call the twins - Jessica and Julia - and get them all breakfast. Now, back to the coffee. I measure out 5 1/2 scoops of coffee and press start.

I have a few minutes before the pot brews so I decide to go do some laundry. The stuff in the dryer is not quite dry and I have to put it on a little longer. The stuff in the washing machine has nowhere to go but I notice my husbands dirty uniform (that he needs for tonight) in a heep on the floor. I take the wet clothes out of the washer, throw them in a laundry basket and start a new wash. I want a cup of coffee.

I walk up the basement stairs and can smell that lovely aroma. I walk over to the cabinet and grab a mug. When I turn to walk to the coffee pot, Julia is standing there and wants juice. I pour out three cups of juice just to be safe. I tell them that juice is ready. Only two of them show up. Where is Jessica? I'll tell you. She is in the bathroom with the bright blue kids toothpaste - everywhere! I clean what I can with a sponge but the floor is blue and sticky - I'll need to mop the floor. I really want a cup of coffee.

I take the mop and bucket to the kitchen sink that is still full of pots and pans from last night. I curse myself for being lazy. I start the water, do the dishes, run the disposal, fill the bucket for mopping, grab the mop and head back to the bathroom. Finally the floor is clean. I rinse out the mop and bucket and put them away. At this point, I don't just want the coffee - I need it!

I pour the beautiful, silky brown liquid into my mug and add a splenda. All I need now is half and half. I grab the container out of the fridge, pour and stir. I bring the mug to my lips and take a sip. Aaahhhhhhh!!!

So how was your morning?

10 Comments:

  • Have you considered an IV hookup on a mobile base?

    By Blogger lime, at 11:23 AM  

  • got a spoon and a lighter?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:47 AM  

  • My morning has been ok, it got off to a GREAT start *wink wink nudge nudge* and then the kids found a show they want to watch and Sam made the two of them instant oatmeal (mom, the health nazi, allows this only on weekends) and it has all been amazingly quiet and smooth. I am sitting here drinking my tea and eating leftover eggplant parmesan for breakfast. Later we are going to go on a family motorcycle cruise.
    Mornings are not my favorite time of day, but so far... this one is great!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

  • My morning was wonderful ! We spent last night in our RV up on the lake and this morning it was beautiful up there ! :)

    By Blogger Breazy, at 4:48 PM  

  • No where NEAR as hectic... the afternoon however? Oh my...

    By Blogger Robin, at 5:17 PM  

  • ...spent the morning STILL cleaning Hannah's room!.....did I say morning? I started at 8:30 am yesterday, and finished at 8 pm today.....oh! Gotta go take a picture of it before she messes it up again!

    By Blogger S, at 11:40 PM  

  • I slept till around 11. Got up ate some breakfast and went out to get some new shoes, then went to a college football game. Pretty good day I'd say. ;)

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 2:15 AM  

  • Hey! It's Sunday...where's the post? My life feels so empty somehow....

    By Blogger S, at 6:05 PM  

  • I...I, (gasp, sob) I need my limey fix...snav, where are you? Why am I alllllll alone

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:05 PM  

  • Hi just found out what a blog is myself,kids are teaching me.Boy am I slow It only took me 5 months to learn how to download music and install it on mp3. My sis has a blog and she recommended I read yours, you are so funny and have a great outlook on rasing your kids and your family life.reminds me of erma bombeck and I think that people would like to read your "column" maybe you should see about writing for the local paper. I also loved your grocery list, batteries for ...the remote. Cute, great sense of humor,you make me laugh.Think you should lay off the coffee! lol

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home