Insane Asylime

Monday, October 10, 2005

Homework

Just had to catch up on my own homework after that three day migraine. The assignment is due today. I sat down to begin reading. The phone rang. I sat down to read again. Someone was sick and could not find the medicine. I sat down to read. A neighbor kid knocked at the door. I sat down to read. I couldn't find my highlighter. Searched and found it. I sat down to read. The phone rang. Friends had their well pump break. Could they come take showers at our house? Yes, of course, you and your 5 kids can shower. Went to make the bathroom sorta kinda clean. I sat down to read. The husband asked for dinner. I moved my books to the kitchen. I put some food together. I tried to read in between stirrings. I fed the family. They complained about the menu. I cleaned up. I sat down to read. The friends arrived to begin showering. Two hours later they went home. I hustled my kids to bed. I sat down to read. I fell asleep a third of the way through Carl Sandburgs' "Early Moon." Today is a holiday so everyone is home. I am taking the phone off the hook. Everyone can live on peanut butter and jelly. I am hanging a sign that says not to bother me unless they are bleeding from the head or on fire. I am sitting down to read. Happy Monday, all!

7 Comments:

  • LMAO....while my distractions aren't the same, they are inevitable. I had so much thesis reading to get done this weekend. I let everyone believe I was out of town, turned the internet off, turned my phone off, and only surfaced to use the bathroom. Good luck today! I wish this "holiday" meant something in FL. humph!

    word veri- xgnrnv the noise made when interrupted yet again.

    By Blogger Tina, at 9:09 AM  

  • What holiday? Ohhh, you mean the one that celebrates that racist person that came to America and slaughtered native peoples? I'm proud to say that in Sonoma County, where I live, we do not celebrate it at all....instead, we celebrate Indigenous Peoples Day!
    Happy Indigenous Peoples day to you all! (School is NOT closed either, whoopeee!!!)
    Lime, I getting you a yurt with a lock on the door, so you can get some peace and quiet, and, teach those girls to slig hash, they are old enough! Good luck! :)

    By Blogger S, at 10:12 AM  

  • Damn, girl! Next time tell the neighbors there's a hose out back! LOL! PB&J - that's what they get for complainin' about the food yesterday!

    Ps - Good one, Barefoot! Right on!

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 10:58 AM  

  • Amen, Barefoot!!! Check out my blog, you'd approve.

    By Blogger Tina, at 12:31 PM  

  • Good luck with the reading ! :)

    By Blogger Breazy, at 12:53 PM  

  • What a handfull you have! Good luck!!!

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 1:35 PM  

  • I think you need a couple hours away at the library or the local coffeeshop, or a good lock on a door and some headphone!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home