Insane Asylime

Friday, August 04, 2006

Vacation My Ass!!

Starting tomorrow, I get to spend 2 weeks with my in-laws!!

That part is actually pretty nice - I love them (most of the time).

But, it's not really a vacation for me.

I still get to do everything I do at home but now there's sand and ocean which are not my favorite.

However, my kids love it.

So, off to the beach I go. Where every morning, sunscreen must be applied by me before the kids step outside. Then every couple of hours, reapplied by me.

I have no idea why Mr. Snavy cannot help with this task but he doesn't. He's even so kind as to remind me when it's time for me to reapply the lotion. What a prince.

Also, during this vacation, I want to maintain my weight. That means no clam cakes, creamy chowder or fried seafood of any kind.

Sigh ...

10 Comments:

  • I find the easiest way to maintiain weight is to overindulge. Too much is a good thing. If you go under the weight, you could get weak, sick, the immune system will just give out. You need to eat more while on vacation. Do not go dangerously close to the empty line on your tank. Good luck and eat some for me.

    By Blogger Read This, at 4:02 PM  

  • i leave for my inlaws on suday. 15 hrs drive to spend a week with an embittered alcoholic. i can hardly wait.

    good luck to you!

    By Blogger lime, at 7:48 PM  

  • I love the sea shore, boats and stuff but detest that sand, love sea food(and fried)I exercise,but always hover around the same weight. That activity which improves your eyesight may encourage weight loss

    By Blogger Vest, at 9:26 PM  

  • vest are you meaning that a super thin chick with perfect peepers would be a nymphomaniac?

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:35 PM  

  • I say you indulge just a teeny bit, aust every other day.
    Its a VACATION!!
    Live it up, girl.
    I actually quite like the sand. When I first get to the beach I quite often stretch out right on it, yes, it gets in your hair and what not, but it feels so Gooooood!
    And it does wash off, you know!

    By Blogger Logophile, at 2:36 PM  

  • Miss Snavy , I am on a diet and I went on vacation for two weeks and trust me, I didn't stick real tight to my diet but I didn't eat anything real bad either , I only gained two lbs during two weeks ! You have a good time girl !

    By Blogger Breazy, at 12:26 PM  

  • Sounds like fun, I hate applying sun screen toO!

    By Blogger S, at 6:49 PM  

  • We have a rule, Hubby and me -- no time spent with family members ever is allowed to be called "vacation." Christmas, which we spend in a huge Texas city with the sister-in-law that I love dearly -- NEVER a vacation. We go to New England to see the ex-wife / daughter and the grandchild -- NOT a vacation. Only if it's only Hubby and me are we allowed to utter the word vacation. Consequently, we haven't been on vacation for six years. I hope this time away from home is at least minimally relaxing in some aspect. However, you clearly are NOT on vacation. M.

    By Blogger MGW, at 4:57 PM  

  • Milly - I like your rule. I'm sure Lime quite agrees.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 11:22 PM  

  • Enjoy your "vacation"

    By Blogger Sir Dirty Joke, at 11:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home