Insane Asylime

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Hello Mudda

Limelette #1 headed off to camp on Saturday. This is her 4th year so we are old hat at this. The first year she went I was pleasantly surprised when she emailed me. She's not exactly highly communicative and has never been the type to get very homesick. The email was a bit odd and went something like this:

Hi Mom,
Having fun, wish you were here and all that crap. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.
byeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee,
Limelette

to which I responded...

Darling,
It was lovely to hear from you. Clearly you are on drugs. I hope the counselors are at least showing you good technique in your usage. Gotta love church camp.
Your loving,
Mom

Mommeeeeeeeee,
Do you miss meeeeeeeeeeeee?
Limelette

Sweetheart,
Terribly. I'd be wailing and gnashing my teeth but I've been so busy trying to clean up after the wandering band of gypsies who have rented your room. Their camel really stinks. I think the smell should be gone in a couple months. I'm not sure I can get the stains off the carpet.
Woefully,
Mom

mom,
you are so weird.
l

honeypieschmutzfacesweetums,
this is news to you?

m

no

Here's to another great week of camp for her.

10 Comments:

  • Funniest stuff I have read in a while. Yes, the kid is right...the mom is weird...and this is exactly why we like her.

    By Blogger Read This, at 9:38 PM  

  • cm, i'm blushing now.....and may i say...takes one to know one neener neener neener.....adoringly,
    lime

    By Blogger lime, at 10:01 PM  

  • Hilarious! Hope her week and yours is great!

    By Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert, at 12:18 AM  

  • awwwwwwwwwwwwwww..how sweeeeet!! i love her! i love her!! LOL.. how cute!! your kids i swear have tugged on my heart strings thru your stories. I love it!

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 9:54 AM  

  • gnight, thamks. i'm sure she will.

    damasta, awww you're sweet. she called this morning. i asked if she was having fun. she said no. i asked why. she said i am sitting on my bunk and i have no fooooood. i said brekkie will take care of that. she said yes but it requires actually walking to the mess hall. lol

    By Blogger lime, at 12:05 PM  

  • LOL!! Your little limes crack me up!!

    People who are not weird are boring!

    I don't know why, but I hate the word brekkie...

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 4:26 PM  

  • Ha! Thats so cute!

    By Blogger S, at 6:31 PM  

  • The Apple didn't fall too far away. How cool is that?

    By Blogger The Village Idiot, at 11:03 AM  

  • This is funny,Liked reading throug your blog .Thanks for sharing

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:10 PM  

  • wow...!!! it's letting me comment...!!! sorry this is so late Lime...i'm playing catch-up...loved this post...made me chuckle...mwah...!!! xxx

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home