Insane Asylime

Friday, October 14, 2005

What Have I Done???

My girls want a pet. Really, really want a pet.

I'm allergic to cats, dogs and birds (feathers).

Mice, gerbils, hampsters and ferrets smell and we are just not doing that. No way are we getting a bunny because I feel terribly guilty about them being in cages unable to hop freely (yes, I have issues) and again, the smell.

Fish? Well, after Michael 1, 2, and 3 and Blueberry - let's just say, I cannot go through that again.

So, sticking with the insanity defense ( also, I really never thought little girls would go for it), I told them they could get newts.

7 Comments:

  • Cool! How big are newts? I'd worry that they'd get out of their enclosure.

    I hear that geckos make great beginner pets. How 'bout a turtle? Or a snake? You could get a toad! ;)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:59 PM  

  • Limey,
    You need a non shedding dog, like me!
    :-D
    The alpha female here has some pet dander issues but we get along great!

    By Blogger Logophile, at 2:15 PM  

  • Sorry
    that should have been addressed to you Snav, I got all confused
    :-P
    I want credit for being able to blog in the first place!!

    By Blogger Logophile, at 2:55 PM  

  • Snavs, we have the same deal over here, and I am NOT going to clean a hamster cage, or even a fish bowl! It's bad enough that I take care of my husbands dog, and my daughters cat...Im not doing anymore.....newt? Schmewt!

    By Blogger S, at 3:27 PM  

  • You could always get a pet spider... :shudders:

    Never understood why anyone would want a spider as a pet. Snakes either for that matter.

    Good luck with the newts. WTF is a newt? - now that I think about it.

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 4:30 PM  

  • i have the same allergies and i have been lobbying for reptiles. snakes and lizards actually have personalities and are relatively clean.

    By Blogger lime, at 12:11 AM  

  • Newts rock...if you don't kill them. RIP Toby and Toby Jr.

    By Blogger Tina, at 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home