Insane Asylime

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Zen and the Art of Stomch Flu Endurance

barfbucket


My child, gaze into the bucket as the bucket gazes into you.



My kids were all trained at an early age not to stray from the bucket until they are well. Limelette #1 has been fighting the bug all week and I am just waiting for the next one to succumb. But, I was reminded of my son's ability to maintain a sense of humor even as he prayed to the porcelain god. He was 8 and he was walking down the hall towards the bathroom with me following, bucket under his chin....step, puke, step, puke.....got to the bathroom and continued his purge into the toilet. When he was done I helped him clean up and praised his ability not to spill the hurl. He looked up at me weakly, pulled a crumpled dixie cup from his shirt pocket and deadpanned a la Garth in Wayne's World, 'If yer gonna spew, spew into this.' He beamed with pride when I split a gut laughing.

9 Comments:

  • A sense of humor while ill...have to love that kid...

    By Blogger Read This, at 9:41 AM  

  • LOL - I love it!!! The kid - not the puking - that's just nasty.

    FYI - Blue Gatorade puke really gets some good distance when hurled across a tan carpet -- in case you were wondering.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 10:35 AM  

  • Oh yeah, blue barf is definitely up there with milk barf for the grossest!

    I gotta tell you Lime, you could be making some bucks offa these kids! They are hilarious!

    Hope they are feeling better soon!

    By Blogger S, at 10:47 AM  

  • oh my. I always use the trash can because we don't have a nifty bucket like that! I hope the bug has run its course in your household and no one else is inflicted with it.

    By Blogger bubbles, at 10:59 AM  

  • cm, for sure! it will serve him well, i think.

    snavy, thanks for that little nugget of information!

    bare, think i could make enough to fund college?

    bubbles, ssshhh, don't tell. i stole the image off the net. we just use a big plastic basin. you do NOT want to do a google image search with keywords 'barf bucket.' i learned the hard way. eewwwww. what i endure to entertain you people.......i hope you appreciate it!

    By Blogger lime, at 11:44 AM  

  • Blerp.

    I like a spawn with a sense of humor! He's a-ok in my book.

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 3:51 PM  

  • good blog

    By Blogger Pseudo-intellectual lunatic, at 6:19 PM  

  • LMAO!! My kid has the virus from hell...told me he figures God must be on vacation or he'd feel better by now. Great stuff, keep it coming!

    By Blogger Miss Innocent, at 11:56 PM  

  • OMG!!!! Your kids are awesome!!! You are raising them well. You should be proud.

    By the way, where did you get that barf bucket? I don't have kids yet, but I'd like to buy a few and have them on hand. :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home