Insane Asylime

Sunday, February 26, 2006

Vocabulary Building

woody

This weekend, since there was much sickness in the house, we watched a lot of movies. During one movie scene a particular character referred to another one as a 'pecker.' The entire family, save Limelet #3 giggled. Not wanting to miss any of the humor, my 10 year old son asked what was so funny.

I informed him that 'pecker' was slang for penis. He laughed, then paused and came back with, "So, that really makes 'woodpecker' a funny name for a bird."

I replied, "Yep, and even moreso when you consider that 'wood' is slang for an erection." He doubled over laughing. Mr. Lime became disgusted with the entire conversation and told me I was being inappropriate.

Gees, I didn't even get to cover the alternate meanings for 'bird.' I guess he'll have to learn that on the schoolbus.

9 Comments:

  • He is lucky to have you, imagine the perils of learning these things from the other kids, why, he might end up like us!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:15 PM  

  • I'm still laughing from hearing about this yesterday!!!

    The things parents have to explain to their kids.... then again, I have to explain things to my mom sometimes.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 9:50 PM  

  • Education starts at home. Nice job.

    By Blogger Read This, at 9:23 AM  

  • Hahaha! Guess he has to learn at some point!

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 11:01 AM  

  • Excellent Lime, teach em all that naughty stuff so they wont learn it on the playground! They will thank you one day!

    By Blogger S, at 1:18 PM  

  • LMAO! Uh... that stuff comes back to haunt you! Just a warning!!

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 3:14 PM  

  • My kid yells at me today..."Dad, the TV's broken...it's gray." Turns out he was watching an old black and white movie on the titantic. He had no clue that some tv is still black and white. Very cute...but I do have to work on him being stuck on the titantic sinking...odd for a 5 year old..

    By Blogger Read This, at 4:06 PM  

  • LMAO. That's awesome.

    As you probably already know, I am an avid birdwatcher. You should hear some of the comments hubby has to make when we discuss bird species, especially "Tufted Titmouse" "Great Tit" (european bird) "Bushtit" "Woodcock"...need I go on? LOL

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:40 PM  

  • That's awesome. It is so much better to learn at home. I never heard most stuff then looked like and idiot when I didn't know them on the playground.

    By Blogger Tina, at 10:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home