Insane Asylime

Friday, February 24, 2006

If it's TGIF why does it feel like a Monday?

There is not drop of milk in the house for cereal. There is only half a swallow of orange juice (and I feel about OJ the way most people feel about coffee, can't start the day without it). Mr. Lime is home sick. Limelet #3 slumped over the breakfast table bemoaning the torture that is school. Limelette #1 ran out the door with wet hair and shoelaces trailing behind her so she'd not miss her bus. Limelette #2 SLAMMED the door behind her, furious that I would make her take the bus. I have a boatlaod of schoolwork to do and need to go grocery shopping. I slept on the couch for two nights so Mr. Lime could sleep better but after that and 3 days of schlepping 2500 books around I am feeling like a pretzel. Blech........

Ok, rant done. We now return you to your regularly scheduled humor blog.

Here's a more positive perspective explained by my son when he was about 3.

Limelet #3 was very emphatic about being independant from a young age. He wanted to learn to do things on his own with no assistance. One day he was struggling to get his coat on. One arm was in a sleeve and he was flailing wildly and spinning like a dog chasing his tail trying to find the second sleeve. Knowing he preferred flying solo but seeing his difficulty, I asked gently, 'Do you want any help with that, buddy?' He continued flailing and spinning, 'Oof.....ugh......errk...mmpphh...No, but I'm glad I'm not an octopus.'

I can't argue with logic like that. So, in spite of the above rant, 'I'm glad I'm not an octopus' will be my mantra today. Dang, I am thinking I may have posted that anecdote before. Oh well, you all will survive even if I did.

Happy weekend all.

6 Comments:

  • Aaaawwwww Limey -- chocolate spa time??? I think so!!!

    I do so love kid logic.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 9:00 AM  

  • Kids can put things into the right perspective....I think I will keep fathering them until I cannot anymore..wait...that would entail actuallly meeting a woman...never mind...see ya

    By Blogger Read This, at 12:26 PM  

  • I'm glad I am not an octopus too! Good way to put things in to perspective.

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 2:25 PM  

  • There's another t-shirt for you :-)

    By Blogger Blue, at 5:09 PM  

  • When are you taking that family on the road!? :P

    By Blogger S, at 7:42 PM  

  • I'm glad I'm not a squid.

    Don't they have ten tentacles?


    I dunno.


    :P

    xoxo

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 9:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home