Insane Asylime

Monday, January 16, 2006

Boredom Cures

Limelette#2 is complaining of boredom. Poor thing. Here are some of my suggestions for her.

1. Clean the bathroom. It's your chore for the day, anyway.

2. Finish the homework you never started, since it is due tomorrow.

3. Clean your room, since I haven't seen the floor in more time than I can recall.

4. Read some of the books you got for Christmas.

5. Listen to the iPod you got for Christmas (I am so envious! If you don't enjoy it I will be glad to relieve you of it! It would entertain me as long as the battery lasted.)

6. Bathe. You are getting a bit ripe even though you are only collecting dust since you have perfected thet whole 'adolescent flop' position.

7. Paint the living room. I've been wanting this done for 2 years.

8. Chop wood. We are having a cold snap. The woodstove and fireplace need filling.

9. Practice catching flies with chopsticks.

10. Learn Swahili.

11. Practice your oboe. You know, that $1500 instrument that requires $10 reeds every other week.

12. Whine about the unfairness of life. It's so much more fun than finding a productive thing to do.



Oddly, she wasn't interested in any of my suggestions.

9 Comments:

  • I can't believe was not interested in that last one. Thing One is already getting highly skilled at it.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:11 PM  

  • You forgot just enjoy being a kid.

    By Blogger Read This, at 12:40 PM  

  • I hear that!

    By Blogger S, at 12:43 PM  

  • LOL - practicing catching flys with chopsticks is actually my favorite thing to do!

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 12:44 PM  

  • Nothing's worse than a whiney teenager... not even a whiney toddler. Good luck lady

    By Blogger ~ Amanda X&O, at 2:11 PM  

  • Send her up here to babysit my 3 for a couple hours - I just know she'll come back a changed girl.

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 2:34 PM  

  • logo, the last one was so she coudl feel as if we were on the same page at some point.

    cm, good point

    bare...wait, it gets better

    bs, well done grasshopper

    amanda, adolescence is just toddlerhood hopped up on hormones

    snavy, that actually would have interested her most likely

    By Blogger lime, at 3:05 PM  

  • You forgot counting ceiling tiles.

    Ya know, just in case you ever need to know.

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 5:57 PM  

  • I'll bet NONE of things sounded like much fun to her! LOL.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 10:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home