Insane Asylime

Monday, December 12, 2005

What He Says/What He Means-Husband Edition

cmas_humbug

1. Please don't get me anything for Christmas. I really don't want to get you anything because I don't have the slightest idea what to get you and I can't be bothered to figure it out and I will feel guilty if you get me something when I have no intention of putting any effort into finding even a small token of affection for you.

2. Christmas is for the childen. See above.

3. Why are you sending cards to people? So, I see the greeting card companies are gonna make a buck off you this year. You've fallen into their trap. And stamps! For crying out loud, how much is this gonna run me in postage alone??

4. Are you baking this year? This is the one part of the holiday I like. Make me cookies so I can gorge myself. Don't you dare give even one of my favorite type of cookies away.

5. Are we decorating? I can't tell you how much I hate going to any of this bother. Do I really have to set up a tree?

6. Tree is up. I did my one duty, do not attmept to involve me in the hanging of any decorations on said tree. Do not ask me if I have any opinions on anything related to the tree in anyway. Just decorate it and leave me alone.

8 Comments:

  • I swear to gawd! You smack mine & I'll smack yours!! Are they related??
    I usually buy myself "gifts" while I shop for my and his families.

    I even got to bring the 7 foot tree down from the attic and set the whole thing up lights and all - by myself this year (i'm 5' 4")- not easy job.

    ::HUGS::

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 10:47 AM  

  • Hah! Normally, we buy a tree that's about the same height as Little Rita....but this year, she said no way to the little Charlie Brownesque ones...we ended up with a 6 foot tree...so Mr Ratburn, comes home from work, and immediately starts complaining about how big the tree is, and how crowded the living room is, and how he cant "fit" in the house now! LMAO....(stirs up some funny visuals of Ratburn shoehorning himself through the front door, then wedging self onto the couch like a sardine)..So, I was like, Ratburn, it's for your daughter...sheesh...(cuz you know where I'd rather be at Christmas)....

    By Blogger S, at 10:55 AM  

  • snavy, passing you the flogging stick for your smacking pleasure.

    bare, passing you a shoehorn for ratburn.

    By Blogger lime, at 11:01 AM  

  • Last year Mr. Logo got a permit to cut a wild tree (read ugly ass scraggly tree) for $10. This year I wanted to go back to our traditional tree farm with cider, and a bonfire, and talking christmas tree, etc.
    I won (big grin).

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:04 AM  

  • LOL probably hit the nail on the head more than you realize!

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 12:18 PM  

  • My husband doesn't help me put up the tree or the lights. I do it all by myself and of course I do the decorations by myself too. *sigh*

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 1:31 PM  

  • Dang. We've been discovered.

    By Blogger Fred, at 5:32 PM  

  • Ha!

    Now that was some funny shit.

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home