Insane Asylime

Monday, November 28, 2005

When Can I Date?

Limelette #1 will be 15 in a couple of weeks and on Friday she asked me how soon she can date. I have to admit to being surprised by my own strong reaction to this. I thought I'd be more ready than I am. How I'd like to respond.......

1. When hell freezes over.
2. When you have completed a PhD.
3. When I am too senile to know the difference.
4. As soon as the chastity belt has been fitted.
5. Once I have arranged your marriage you may date your intended.
6. All dates may take place only after a month of failing to bathe, brush your teeth, or comb your hair.
7. When your prospective dates complete a lengthy application process, provide DNA samples, and pass federal security checks.
8. Once you spin this bale of straw into gold.
9. When you have memorized and can recite the Oxford English Dictionary.
10. Once I have secured a large stockpile of Valium and Prozac for my own use.

7 Comments:

  • These are good!! Having 3 girls - the idea of dating scares me very much (they are 7 & 4 & 4) but I'm already scared!!

    I can help you with #10! LOL!!

    Tell her you posted a survey among your blogger friends and in a landslide vote she is not allowed to date ever!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 3:31 PM  

  • I tried all those, too. Since I have three teenage girls, it's driving me crazy. We've pretty much settled on 15.

    By Blogger Fred, at 5:12 PM  

  • great idea snav!

    fred, yeah i think 15 will probavbly be it. you'll hear the primal scream i am sure

    By Blogger lime, at 5:16 PM  

  • Accck! The dating years...will save for when little Rita becomes 16

    By Blogger S, at 5:39 PM  

  • That would be pretty scary as a parent I would bet

    By Blogger Bsoholic, at 10:25 PM  

  • Those reasons sound good to me ! My hubby tells the kids that they aren't allowed to date until they are 35 but we have to have known the lucky man for 20 yrs or so. hehe.. My oldest (13) always uses the " but mom was only 15 when you met her" on him . Have a good day !

    By Blogger Breazy, at 8:02 AM  

  • have your husband do a dirty harry on them..do you feel lucky punk????

    Having only boys, I get to miss out on intimidating my daughters dates...

    Although an idiot in a spikey orange hat...may not be that intimidating....

    By Blogger The Village Idiot, at 6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home