Insane Asylime

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Where Have I Heard this Before?

Limelette #2 has joined the drama club. Auditions were held for Fiddler on the Roof. In preparation, the Limelette had to memorize a passage from Shakespeare, prepare a song to sing, and give a cold reading from the script. There was much rehearsing that went on. She sang all over the house, anyone with a free moment was asked to listen to her delivery of Shakespeare. She had us rent the movie so she could study it.

Auditions came and went. The director told her to expect to receive one of the 4 daughters as a role. She was on cloud nine. I picked her up excited to hear what part she had been assigned. She ran to the car in tears because she got 'Yenta,' the old lady matchmaker who doesn't get to sing.

I gave her a pep talk and told her to speak calmly to the director the next day about the difference between what was said and what was done. In between sobs, the angry Limelette shot back, 'Pardon my French, but the director wouldn't know talent if it jumped up and bit her in the ass!'

I'm thinking we may need to watch less American Idol. (Even though on the inside I was laughing like crazy. Bad Mommy!)

4 Comments:

  • Your kids crack me up!!!!

    By Blogger Stephanie, at 11:25 AM  

  • aaaaaah, poor limelette,
    how I remember that feeling, ack!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 5:39 PM  

  • Awwwww... and Bwuaaahaahaaa!

    Your spawn have a special place in my heart.

    By Blogger DaMasta, at 5:50 PM  

  • Nope, good mommy. Of course you cannot tell her, but the kid has confidence, does not trust authority, and prepared well for the test (audition.) She will go far in life if she keeps those attributes.

    By Blogger Read This, at 9:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home